This serpentine dresser was a Craigslist find and I’m so glad I made the 45 min drive to get it! I just had to clean it up a little as it had been sitting in someone’s shop for a while, so you can imagine all the dust and cobwebs that had taken over. Once I finished cleaning it I put on one coat of Zinsser shellac to prevent any bleed through from the wood and any water stains. I mixed together a custom color using Heirloom Traditions chalkpaint. The original blue color I was going to use ended up being a little too purple for my taste. After two coats of paint I finished with General Finishes High Performance topcoat.
For the sides I used high quality paper from Spoonflower.com. This is the first time I’ve ever put paper on furniture so I was a little nervous if it was going to work or not. I used spray adhesive to stick it on the dresser and then added a couple coats of poly on top. It worked out great!
This is available to purchase at The Fussy Duck in Salem, OR.